Project SportStar EPOS +
The company Evektor in cooperation with its partners presented a fully electric airplane suitable for sports flying. Original solution of a propulsion system was developed to meet all necessary certifications.
Technical data, which are worth noticing
- Top speed 260km/h (travelling speed 160km/h)
- Take-off weight 600kg (weight of airplane without batteries is 285kg)
- Liquid-cooled Motor Rotex Electric, RE REB 90-5 with 75 kW (102 HP)
- Propeller diameter 1,625m, 3-blade composite
- Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) MGM COMPRO HBC 400400, max. current peaks 300A
- Special airborne BMS by MGM COMPRO
- Battery Accu-Pack Kokam 80Ah, 90S
- Unique 6kW balance charger by MGM COMPRO
Evektor EPOS airplane proudly represents these advantages
- Low operational costs - 75% lower than with combustion engine
- Compact propulsion system reduces number of motor components by 90%. That’s why it’s almost maintenance-free and very reliable.
- Intuitive and simple control of propulsion system. It is not necessary to check the temperature of cylinders and richness of fuel mixture.
- Electric motors are environment friendly. The airplane itself does not produce any pollution.
- The airplane makes very low noise, which allows using it even on urban airports. This advantage increases the comfort for passengers as well.
Propulsion system of the airplane is an electric, almost maintenance-free, high-performance equivalent of the engine Rotax 912, which is the most common combustion engine for this airplane. The electric unit developed by Evektor and built on components by MGM COMPRO may soon become a standard electric propulsion system for LSA airplanes.