Helicopter Electric Propulsion
Learn more about the new project of unique Helicopter with two emergency electric propulsion systems. MGM COMPRO is a supplier of Industrial Electronic Speed Controller for electric one.
MGM COMPRO is a part of another very interesting project called "Electric rescue system for helicopters" of our new Hungarian partner.
The main goal of this project is a development of one-seat helicopter with two independent emergency propulsion systems.
These two propulsion units are unique, their target is a maximum safety for the Helicopter. Main propulsion unit is the combustion engine, electric ones are used in the event of any damage or malfunction of the main one as a backup drive.
Within a few seconds after damage or any problems of combustion engine, electric propulsion unit gives power for immediate emergency landing.
- Combustion engine Subaru, performance 100 KW
- Diameter of blade 7 metres
- Prototype, manufacturing scheduled for 2018
Electric Propulsion System
- Electric Motor NT Power, 20 kW
- Industrial Electronic Speed Controller MGM COMPRO HBC 50063
- Li-Ion Battery Accupack for 63VBattery Accupack Li-Ion 63V
First testing of this unique electric propulsion system for helicopters was in the middle of July.
Check out the video from the testing!